Friday, October 23, 2009

Beer Review: Arbor Brewing Co. Jackhammer



Hard to believe I've gone this long without reviewing a single beer from the most high-profile Ann Arbor brewery, Arbor Brewing Company. There's a couple of different microbreweries in town, but ABC, to my knowledge, is the only one that bottles their beer for sale outside of their brewpub (which, I should note, is an excellent bar!) But enough from me! It's time to write about righting a wrong! Wait...

Name: Jackhammer
Variety: Old ale
ABV: 8.5%
Price: ~$11 six pack



Jackhammer pours a very dark brown with a slick, oily appearance. The head is small, slightly khaki, and diminishes quickly. Aroma is that of caramels, toasted cereal grains and a fair bit of alcohol. The flavor is slightly nutty and malty with a strong alcohol finish. This actually has one of the strongest alcohol flavors of any beer I've tried, and it gave me quite a good little headache!

This is a decent offering, but not my favorite of ABC's. Of their bottled variety, my favorite are Bavarian Bliss and Brassiere Blonde. I've also had their Oktoberfest on tap at their pub and that was delicious! Goes to show you can never judge a brewery on just one beer.

Rating: 5/10 - Not really worth the price and ow my head.

E-mail me at mibeerguy@yahoo.com if you ow my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment